- Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving, by Judi Kingry & Lauren Devine
- Jam It, Pickle It, Cure It: And Other Cooking Projects, by Karen Solomon
- Put ’em Up!: A Comprehensive Home Preserving Guide for the Creative Cook, from Drying and Freezing to Canning and Pickling, by Sherri Brooks Vinton
- The Joy of Pickling: 250 Flavor-Packed Recipes for Vegetables and More from Garden or Market, by Linda Ziedrich.
- Well Preserved: Third Edition: Small Batch Preserving for the New Cook, by Mary Anne Dragan
- Well-Preserved: Recipes and Techniques for Putting Up Small Batches of Seasonal Foods, by Eugenia Bone
- Breed Your Own Vegetable Varieties, by Carol Deppe
- Gardening When It Counts, by Steve Solomon
- How to Grow More Vegetables, by John Jeavons
- The Resilient Gardener, by Carol Deppe. Review here.
- Independence Days, by Sharon Astyk
- Making Home: Adapting Our Homes and Our Lives to Settle in Place (Mother Earth News Books for Wiser Living), by Sharon Astyk. Review here.
- A Nation of Farmers: Defeating the Food Crisis on American Soil, by Sharon Astyk